Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Love for the Unwanted

This is this program at my church that goes around to different group homes in the area and just loves and ministries to the children. I have been helping with this ministry for a while now, but I don't necessarily count it as volunteering even though that is what it is, I care about the time and the children to much to count it as anything more than loving on kids. I love getting the opportunity to go into these group homes and getting to do activities with teens my own age and helping them become a person. It is truly incredible to go back every couple of weeks and see how much each individual has changed and to see them start to let down the wall and open up to me. I love having conversations with these girls because they are just hurting and sometimes, just like us, need someone to just sit down and listen to their story. They are just like the little foster kids I watch on Sunday mornings, they just are better at hiding their pain. I feel honored and privileged that they would trust me so much to share their hearts with me.

- Samantha Stoffel

No comments:

Post a Comment