Thursday, May 28, 2015

Helping Mein Neighbors Move

During March, I helped my neighbors move (as you can probably deduce from the title). These neighbors were really close friends of mine. Each of our families had moved in at around the same time and their kids were friends with my little sisters. Needless to say we talked to them a lot and had spent a tremendous amount of time together. Seeing them have to move was heartbreaking to say the least. There had been a lot of neighbors that have moved away from our neighborhood, but to see them go after everything was hard to deal with. However, I was happy to help them move when they had asked if I would be willing to help. It was a long day (approximately 9 hours) and there was a ton of large furniture items to move as well as all the other small items. Eventually, we finally ended up transferring all the furniture from their old house to their new one. Although it was sad to see them go, I was glad I was able to make them noticeably happy before one last time before it was time to say goodbye to them. They do still live nearby, but it is not the same as in the same neighborhood. I am really happy I was able to help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment