Sunday, December 14, 2014
Loving On Children No Matter Who They Are
Every Sunday from 8:30 to 10:00 for the past two years, I have watched, taken care of, done crafts with, and taught 2 and 3 year olds at my church. I have had the chance to leave a mark on these young children and ultimately, truly see what it is like to be a parent and taking care of children who are dependent upon you. I have definitely gained patience from this experience and have learned how to control my anger when my expectations aren't met by these youngsters. I have learned that I am someone that does not handle the things that children of that age do very well and their reactions to things either, but with working with children I have gained patience and have learned how to love on them unconditionally. I have also gotten the opportunity to care for foster children and have gotten to love on them and show them that they are not alone. I believe it has truly impacted my life the most, to see young children grow into outgoing loving toddlers. From this experience, I have learned that my community is a messed up place, but with love and care it can turn into something amazing and can build up our future to be better than our present. From what I have experienced from working with the foster children that I teach, I have now started going to group homes and visiting teenagers stuck in the foster system to let them know they are cared about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment