Sunday, December 14, 2014

Apple Bees

Volunteering at Apple Bees for a volleyball fundraiser.


            In this experience I worked as an expo to get the consumers breakfasts to their tables for a volleyball fundraiser. I spent 3 hours in back with kitchen calling out orders to the cooks and yelling names of the ‘Servers’ (volleyball girls) who were to bring the food to their tables. Although I work in restaurant myself, I realized how difficult it can be to deal with people who do not know what they are doing in that type of situation. I learned the importance of stepping up and being a leader as well. This whole experience was a rather crazy mess. No one knew what they doing, let alone how to serve food or gather it from the back. I had to step up and create a system of who was next to receiving their order of food. Although this system was just writing their name on a piece of paper, as if a ticket for the food had been sent it. In the middle of calling out names, orders, and telling others what they needed to do and what needed to be done.  I realized that everyone had seemed to come to me with all the little problems/questions. I learned that in a time of need I am able to step up and take charge when no one else will, and how important it is to have a leader when others have no one else to turn to. I can apply this to other parts of my life because having the courage to take charge is hard for most to do and being a leader I have the ability to create a change with my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment