Sunday, December 14, 2014
A Touched Heart
A few weeks ago I had the privilege to serve in my church nursery. Don't get me wrong, I like kids but I had had a rough week and really wasn't feeling it. There were about 10 baby/toddlers in total. But one in particular stood out. It was a little boy who wasn't supposed to be in the nursery because he was a little bit older then the other kids, but because he had down syndrome his parents wanted him to be with his younger brother. He was so extraordinarily happy. I made this comment to the lady who was also watching the kids with me. She said that usually kids with special needs can sense their parents attitude on the situation which can kinda help shape their personalities. I thought this was so beautiful. It's kinda how every one works. In a way our situations shape us. Before I helped on that morning I was totally opposed to the idea of ever working with special needs kids. Not because I had anything against them but because I was scared. I think that day helped shape my view on a lot of things and now next time I won't be so afraid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment